How to Apply
Contact Ms. Estella Bravo at email@example.com or by phone at 312-864-0061 to check for rotation date availability.
1. You will be notified of the dates of your rotation and mailed an application. Complete the application and address to:
Ms. Estella Bravo
Department of Emergency Medicine
1900 W Polk Street, 10th Floor
Chicago, IL 60612
2. You must provide information regarding immunizations and a certificate of insurance from your school. Download the necessary forms from http://cru.cchil.org/per.
3. Prior to starting the rotation, you must participate in a BSIS in-service that is held on Monday’s and Wednesday’s at 8:30 AM in the Department of Planning, Education, and Research located on the 8th Floor of the Hektoen Building at 627 S Wood. The BSIS course can be completed the same day as (immediately prior to) the emergency department orientation.
4. Student orientation begins at 10:00 AM the first day of your rotation. Meet Ms. Bravo in the Emergency Medicine offices on the 10th floor of the Administration Building (1900 W Polk St.) You will receive a detailed schedule for the month and Dr. Sherman will introduce you to the department and lead a tour.
5. If you have any questions or problems along the way, contact Ms. Bravo at at 312-864-0061 or Dr. Scott Sherman (Clerkship Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.