The purpose of the Toxicology College is to help residents:
- Develop a foundation in the field of Medical Toxicology
- Develop expertise in Emergency Toxicology
- Become effective lecturers and teachers in this discipline
- Gain experience in a toxicology academic project
Emergency Medicine Residents who enter the Toxicology College will participate in the following activities.
- Undergo an orientation session to the Toxicology service
- Attend a series of core lectures
- Complete a focused curriculum of readings and modules
- Will develop one or more talks to deliver on toxicology topics
- Identify a scholarly project with a Toxicology faculty mentor
Other optional opportunities:
- Attend the North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology Annual meeting
- Join the Toxicology program for our:
- Research meetings
- Education meetings
- Journal clubs
- Fellow conferences
- State of the Art Lectures
Who should joint he Toxicology College?
- A resdent who is or may be interested in a Toxicology fellowship, or just developing a core knowledge base in Medical Toxicology
- Any resident who would like to add the underpinnings of Toxicology / Pharmacology to their practice of Emergency Medicine, and therefore become a better Emergency Physician
How do I sign up?
- Just send an email to Dr. Aks and Ms. Hilda Nino letting us know you’d like to sign up.
- We will send you a link to the New Innovations calendar, and will schedule a meeting with you to get you started.